Drivers door lock/latch

Hi I have a 2009 citroen dispatch. Had an issue with the drivers door not opening/unlocking. I have replaced the whole door catch actuator (£190) and external handle now the door wont close (catch not working). So it's not the actuator, my guess is its something to do with the central locking as when you hold the door closed and lock on key fob it locks then unlocks itself instantly) has anyone experienced this or know what the problem may be or even where I can get it fixed. Thanks in advance

With the door open, you could try closing its latch against a screwdriver. If it works then it could be the latch pin on the door pillar needs adjusting. When the locks lock/unlock straight away it is due to any one of the doors not being fully closed so all of them need checking including the tailgate/back door - the dash might indicate if a door is open and show which one.

• Like 1

I have checked all doors and they are all closed and locking. I have tried with just the actuator not attached to the door and latched it onto the door catch and all is working locking unlocking etc but when I install the actuator to the door and close the door it doesn't catch. It is a brand new actuator so it is operating as it should but not when the door closes. I have checked the wires inside the hinge of the door and trailing away in both directions all look fine and also when the new actuator is fitted and door closed you can hear the lock/unlock sound coming from inside the door but just doesn't catch

To me it looks as if the post on which the door locks needs moving out a bit so the door can fully close against it and the latch close fully.

You should still do the screw driver test. With the door open, use the shaft of a screwdriver into the latch so the latch closes around it. This will prove the problem is the post needs adjusting and there is nothing wrong with the lock and door.