C1 mk2 center console

Sorry I can not help with the centre console removal and could not find anything on the internet.

One thing though, make sure the rear brake shoes are correctly adjusted before touching the hand brake cable. If they are not adjusted then taking up any play in the cable can result in the auto adjusters not working. This will usually mean removing the drums, cleaning every thing whilst they are off and then setting the adjuster so the shoes just lightly touch the drum as it turns - the hand brake lever ought to be against a stop on one of the shoes if it is similar to the C3 and Cactus I have serviced. Then the hand brake cable can be adjusted to take out any play but the lever should still be against the shoe with the hand brake off.

On 11/21/2021 at 2:44 PM, paul.h said:

Sorry I can not help with the centre console removal and could not find anything on the internet.

One thing though, make sure the rear brake shoes are correctly adjusted before touching the hand brake cable. If they are not adjusted then taking up any play in the cable can result in the auto adjusters not working. This will usually mean removing the drums, cleaning every thing whilst they are off and then setting the adjuster so the shoes just lightly touch the drum as it turns - the hand brake lever ought to be against a stop on one of the shoes if it is similar to the C3 and Cactus I have serviced. Then the hand brake cable can be adjusted to take out any play but the lever should still be against the shoe with the hand brake off.

Hi Paul

Many thanks for that. Adjusted the shoes as per your reply, and managed to remove the console after some advice from our local dealer. Adjusted the handbrake lever to 4 notches. We now have a handbrake that works a treat.

Thanks for the advice Paul.

Mike E