I’ve recently taken on a 2004 C2 GT (number 0984 of 2500) and I’ve a few issues at the moment with it. 

firstly the track rods need replacing (I’ve honestly no idea how the dealer got it through its MOT as the inside of the front tyres were both down to canvas and steel) 

secondly as I’ve found out tonight the horn does not work. Is there a simple fix I could do? 

And lastly, the rear brake pads were replaced before it’s MOT. Should they be making a squealing noise when I drive in reverse? 

You could look up the MOT history on the gov website to see if there were any problems at the MOT. Possibly the dealer knows the MOT tester and lets things through. If not happy with the car being from a dealer you have rights to get it sorted but you might prefer to fix it yourself. https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

For the horn you could check any fuses then at the horn itself for 12 volts when trying to use it. Also see if its earth point and connections are clean.

Have a look at the rear pads to see if they have all been replaced in case it was a bodge job. Usually copper grease is put on the metal backings at the caliper contact points so the pads can move freely in the calipers and sometimes anti squeal shims are used between the pads and pistons/caliper. If cheap pads have been used they might just be noisier than ones from Citroen. When doing the checks also measure the disc thickness since these are often worn down and need replacing at the same time as the pads. If just one pad is noisy then possibly a bit of metal or stone in stuck in a pad and needs removing.

On 4/11/2022 at 2:26 PM, paul.h said:

You could look up the MOT history on the gov website to see if there were any problems at the MOT. Possibly the dealer knows the MOT tester and lets things through. If not happy with the car being from a dealer you have rights to get it sorted but you might prefer to fix it yourself. https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

For the horn you could check any fuses then at the horn itself for 12 volts when trying to use it. Also see if its earth point and connections are clean.

Have a look at the rear pads to see if they have all been replaced in case it was a bodge job. Usually copper grease is put on the metal backings at the caliper contact points so the pads can move freely in the calipers and sometimes anti squeal shims are used between the pads and pistons/caliper. If cheap pads have been used they might just be noisier than ones from Citroen. When doing the checks also measure the disc thickness since these are often worn down and need replacing at the same time as the pads. If just one pad is noisy then possibly a bit of metal or stone in stuck in a pad and needs removing.

Hi and thanks for the reply. I’ve checked on the MOT site you sent the link for and there were no faults recorded at all. I’ve booked the car in for track rod replacement and as yet I’ve not had time to check the horn.