Accelerator lag with 1/2 inch play

My daughter bought herself a Mk1 early 2014 C1 to give her extra practice time alongside her driving lessons, we have both noticed that when you press the accelerator nothing happens for about 1/2 inch or so and the the revs get moving really fast.

To me it feels like there is play in the pedal before the sensor picks up its moving, obviously its playing hell with her driving as its not very predictable for a learner.

The car revs freely and its really nippy despite having 64k miles on it but that pedal travel where nothing happens throws her and then she's at 5k before she knows it.

Im right out of my depth if it doesn't have a cable and carburettor, so would any of you kind folks be able to point me in the right direction please?

Many thanks in advance

Scott

Edited by Scott Sorby
typo

We had a 2003 1.4 petrol C3 where the first part of the accelerator pedal did not raise the revs smoothly and that was fixed by replacing the pedal and probably its electrics had worn. This had made setting off tricky.

If you have a code reader that does live data you can watch the revs increase as the pedal is pressed to see if they increase smoothly as well as the % increase. We also had a C4 that did not accelerate well and a Citroen diagnostic found a specific fault code that showed the fuse box on the battery had a fault and needed replacing. If the pedal is not the fault then you are probably best to get a diagnostic done at Citroen.

I will delete your similar topic so that any replies are all in one place.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, paul.h said:

We had a 2003 1.4 petrol C3 where the first part of the accelerator pedal did not raise the revs smoothly and that was fixed by replacing the pedal and probably its electrics had worn. This had made setting off tricky.

If you have a code reader that does live data you can watch the revs increase as the pedal is pressed to see if they increase smoothly as well as the % increase. We also had a C4 that did not accelerate well and a Citroen diagnostic found a specific fault code that showed the fuse box on the battery had a fault and needed replacing. If the pedal is not the fault then you are probably best to get a diagnostic done at Citroen.

I will delete your similar topic so that any replies are all in one place.

Thanks for this information Paul that will certainly help me/ us out a lot,

but I need to ask similar topic? was my hello post reasons picked up as a request for info?

If so I will edit that part out.

Thanks again for taking the time to show a direction we should look at and help us out 

Scott

The forum is not watched 24 hours a day by anyone so new posts are only seen when people log in, whatever section it appears in. If the same request is in more than one place it just means some are deleted and it has wasted the time of the poster and admin/mod writing/reading/deleting. It is not like a job and is voluntary out of interest. I have a look most days unless away or too busy. Even then, if it needs a think or some checks on how to reply to something, it might be another time before I come up with any help.

• Like 1