What Does This Mean...?

Rich_Eason

OK not really C4 related other than something I experienced lastnight whilst out driving my C4!

I'm sat at some traffic lights and some nugget in a fairly bog standard Fiesta "blinged out to Max" comes up behind me. As we pull away we then have to sit at another set of lights 30m away (yes believe me completly independent traffic lights set that close exsist in Bristol!).

As we pull away 40limit again he hangs back and then floors it right up behind me to the point I can longer see his headlights.

He then hangs back and pings off his lights into "Angel Eyes" mode...at that point I nearly creamed my pants (sarcastic).

He then floored it again right up behind me and put his headlights back on, again so close all I could see was the light halo from the front of his car.

He then hangs back again and puts his lights back off onto Angel Eyes...

I think he did this about 3more times.

At that point I turned off to me mates house.

Can anyone tell me the significance of this prats actions? Was he asking for a a race or something? Not that I'd be bothered to anyway.

Or did he think I might have been interested in seeing what the front of a Fiesta might look like when it is impaled into the back of a car?

I'm missing something... :lol:

The reason I didnt race him was that I wasnt sure if he had M3 style wing mirrors.

If he had, I'd imagine he'd have a much lower drag co-effcient than me and caned me for dust :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the mods you can get help when you drive a LBC Common (read - Brick) you see. :lol:

Knowing my luck, if I did race him I'd boot it and PC Plod would be playing Laserquest at the end of the road and pip me for doing 70 in a 30 or something.... :o

Adopt his frame of mind then.

Next time think to your self you have the same drag co-efficient as a Porsche 911. So obviously you can go as fast as one!!!

:lol:

Obviously! thats worth at least another 2 seconds off the 0-60 time and another 20mph on top speed.

But if you add some mugen, hks and other manufacturers stickers on the side of the car thats worth another 5hp per sticker. Remember it has to be companies who only make part for jap cars as there faster the european ones! So obviously putting jap makers stickers on will make your car that much cooler and faster.

What you need for next time is as follows...

Viper Stripes, +5BHP

Blue LED Washer Jets, +10BHP

Green under car Neons, +10BHP (only if they are on though)

You also need to adopt the correct posture, hunched forward, arm around the top of the steering wheel and nose about 1'' from th screen (this maybe difficult to achieve in the C4). This gives to an ability to see furthur ahead (whilst looking 'Cool) and hence drive faster.

You also need to adopt the correct posture, hunched forward, arm around the top of the steering wheel and nose about 1'' from th screen (this maybe difficult to achieve in the C4). This gives to an ability to see furthur ahead (whilst looking 'Cool) and hence drive faster.

This method is well proven to increase speed by 10% and why bother with Rain X and Anti Fog where Natures own Snot does just the same job. :lol:

Mike...

I have noted the shopping list and I have ordered myself those items to ensure that I gain power and torque. Do you know if they have any effect on fuel econ? Do I need to notify my insurance company - not that it matters I've not got any anyway.

I thought about a single wiper conversion that only wipes one half of the screen as well...thought this would look "mint"

Wozza...

I like your style. The only thing that concerns me is that I dont think I am capable of putting the stickers on striaght so I'll whack them on wonkey like, and the dog eared corners poking out will increase drag.

I got one of those 2foot deep sun screens on the front of Revs shall I use that as well...looks mint and means I can only see a small bit of the road....

@ Mike5483

lol yeah - this makes them sooo easy to spot. I actually sit as far back as possible when I drive!

Or the other style of driving are the ones that hold the left hand side of the steering wheel with their right hand,arm out straight and rest their chin on the top of their arm...desperatly trying to find a pic on the net but I think you know the pose I mean!

while you try to look over the steering wheel

Thank god then for height adjustable seats these days!

All about matching revs Ciaran. You can get it in with zero crunching. Trust me on that i was doing it last year in the snow. If it snows again will get some vids up of me abusing the car on it. I tend to flick the rear end out a lot when the snows around. And generally just go down to local industrial estate and mess about. The guy who runs the main place down there problem has videos of us on there.

Was gonna go do a skid pan thing with my mate as you get a qualification after completing it which can bring insurance down. So be worth it for that. And its just damn good fun.

The local bobbies do skip pan training on the nearby airfield, when you go past you can see them doing HUGE slidey drifts...I just hope they dont take their coffee and doughnuts in the car with them as it would make a hell of a mess!

All about matching revs Ciaran

Only problem is I bet you only get a few opertunities until you on your way to Citroen trying to explain why all the gears are now smooth and there are bits floating about in the gear box! :angry: "It was just like that guv"