C8 Central Locking/remote Siding Door Problems

vicz1

CAN ANYBODY HELP . THE REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING & REMOTE OPERATION OF SLIDING DOORS FROM KEYFOB HAVE STOPPED WORKING. THE BUTTONS FOR SLIDING DOOR/ LOCKING ABOVE CENTRE WINSCREEN INSIDE CAR ALSO NOT WORKING ALONG WITH SWITCHES LOCATED ON REAR DOOR PILLARS FOR ELECTRIC OPERATION.THE SLIDING DOOR MOTORS WORK WHEN MANUALLY OPENED. I HAVE CHECKED FUSE (No14) UNDER DASH & TRIED THE KEYFOB RE-INITIALISING PROCEDURE WITH NO JOY.

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED

:angry:

Hi there...

i think i can help you with this as i have just had same problem..on both doors!!!

What u need to do is get a star socket set to remove the 4 small screws on the door card(door panel).Two screws behind the inside door handle ,(which just pulls off)one at the very bottom left and one at bottom right.With door panel off you should see various rods & switches on the mechanism....push up the rod that comes through the panel with the plastic on the end.You may have to try pushing & pulling the rods to reset it to correct setting.What i did is lower window & keep trying it till you feel resistance on the outside door handle(im guessing there is no resistance & nothing happens when you pull handle from outside,right?)

Once you have got door working again what i did was remove the rod that comes up through the door panel,as if you dont when it is pushed down it will happen again.

Ive just chopped in my C8 2.2 hdi exclusive for a Toyota after enduring 11 months of problems...even the dealer couldnt remedy it in the end.

If you want my advice i would say get rid of it before it starts costing you serious money!!! The cars are great but the build quality is terrible and the parts are expensive..

Hope that is of some help

Jason.

CAN ANYBODY HELP . THE REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING & REMOTE OPERATION OF SLIDING DOORS FROM KEYFOB HAVE STOPPED WORKING. THE BUTTONS FOR SLIDING DOOR/ LOCKING ABOVE CENTRE WINSCREEN INSIDE CAR ALSO NOT WORKING ALONG WITH SWITCHES LOCATED ON REAR DOOR PILLARS FOR ELECTRIC OPERATION.THE SLIDING DOOR MOTORS WORK WHEN MANUALLY OPENED. I HAVE CHECKED FUSE (No14) UNDER DASH & TRIED THE KEYFOB RE-INITIALISING PROCEDURE WITH NO JOY.

ANY HELP MUCH APPRECIATED