The Snow Arrives And The Heater Packs Up

Gigsy

hi folks

Does anyone know if there is a fuse for the heater and if so where its located? (98 XM 2.5td)

I was just driving along smelt an awful smell & noticed the heater was no longer working. I'm hoping its just a fuse?

As you suspect, it is not a fuse!

Because of the way that the heater is designed, there is no on and off tap for the watyerflowing through the heater matrix - the water flow is constant.

There are two actuators on the left hand side of the heater unit which open and close the temperature control flaps. One, or both of these could be faulty.

The other thing to check is internal the temperature sensor which is located in the coutesy light at the front of the roof. It looks like a small cigar with an induction fan at one end. This is what triggers the actuators on the heater unit to open or close the heating flaps

Tom

hi folks

Does anyone know if there is a fuse for the heater and if so where its located? (98 XM 2.5td)

I was just driving along smelt an awful smell & noticed the heater was no longer working. I'm hoping its just a fuse?

As you suspect, it is not a fuse!

Because of the way that the heater is designed, there is no on and off tap for the watyerflowing through the heater matrix - the water flow is constant.

There are two actuators on the left hand side of the heater unit which open and close the temperature control flaps. One, or both of these could be faulty.

The other thing to check is internal the temperature sensor which is located in the coutesy light at the front of the roof. It looks like a small cigar with an induction fan at one end. This is what triggers the actuators on the heater unit to open or close the heating flaps

Tom