Original Radio/cassette

Can anyone offer a suggestion to my problem.I've just replaced my old 1998 xantia with a newer 2000 HDI.I've swopped the radio/cassette from the old to the new as new came with a poor high street CD player and I only really listen to radio.(the old original citroen radio/cassette has a cracking tuner).It all fits snug and tidy and the electrical connections fit (exept the steering wheel controls but thats less important) but every time the key is turned I have to imput the security code and that means all presets and settings are lost.

Any advice would be gratefully recieved

cheers,Steevo

You are missing the permanent live that allows the radio to keep its memory.

Really you need to find wiring diagrams for both old and new radio and your current car or you risk blowing something up.

You are looking for a connector that remains alive after the ignition key is turned off.

This wire is not connected/connecting to the right place on the radio you are installing.

Worth seeing if the new cheap one you do not like remembers presets, then look to see if you have any paperwork for that. This might help you find the permanent live.

Let us know how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Mr Randombloke

first of all sorry I took so long to reply but have been away(I'm not not into IT on the move,just got a pc at home).Anyway,success!I figured the hazard switch must have a permenant live so I split the cable and ran one to the stereo.Works a treat.Only difference is need to turn stereo on and off(works without ignition key)but thats trivial.No need for security codes,bass,treble,fade settings all good and radio station presets are fine.Big thanks again

Steevo