What's The Ds5 Supposed To Be?

seefive

Looking at the MOS review of the DS5 last weekend, and I don't see the point of it.

It's based on the C4 floorpan, and there is already a DS4

The C4 is a decent, if a little boring, car, and the DS4 is an over-priced tarted up version

Sureley we don't need another slightly different version of the C4??

The DS5 in my opinion is ugly, with fat doors and small windows.

When are they going to reprise the original DS? The C6 has dropped off the menu, so maybe there is some light at the end of this lacklustre tunnel.

Do Citroen really expect to sell over-priced reworks of their standard cars with flimsy, industry-trailing 3 year warranties?

Not for me

Kia Cee'd anyone?

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Mike

I get the impression that we in the UK may have to go to Peugeot for our next large French estate cars (in my case second hand). There seem to be many more recent 508 estates for sale now than C5s, and at quite attractive prices.

My local Citroen dealer hasn't had any C5s in stock, new or used, for some time now.

David

• 6 months later...

The DS5 is distinctive because of its styling(most reviewers find it stunning) and more dynamic handling, for a large Citroën. For me the exterior and interior design are enough to make it worth buying. The suspension can be irritating on bumpy roads.

• 3 months later...

Only the Exclusive has Hydractive suspension. I tried the DS5 yesterday and found that a) it doesn't have rear windows that open, b) It has lower headroom than my (2005)C5 and c) It is REALLY expensive. (I keep thinking I ought to change the C5 but, after a few miles (or 4-500!) I think "WHY???")

Edited by MikeLane

Are you sure that was a ds5? The ds4 has fixed rear windows,not the ds5

Anyway, I traded up from a mk2 c5 to a mk3 then back to a mk2 again! The latest version is nowhere near as comfy (despite having h3+) and certainly not as practical or well specced

Still with the oldies!