Bsi Ecu Ignition And Keys Replacement

h28nvn

i have brought a secoundhand bsi kit for my 2.2 hdi c8 the kit comes from a c8 2.2hdi it has all the nessesery parts ie ecu ignition and keys and even has a code card in the box the only difference in the cars is mine is a 53 plate and the kit comes of a 05 plate can i just change all said parts and use the car or is it more detailed than that the garrage that was going to do this cant do it for two weeks and i need car now driving me nuts having to reset bsi all the time

I see no reason that it would not work, however I do believe you would need lexia to initialise it, but not 100% sure. For instance the vehicle it came from may have more, or less, ancilliaries than yours, these would need to be enabled or disabled with Lexia. For instance my own C8 is a 174BHP but they also produce the same with a 140bhp etc. The engines are the same I believe it is simply the ecu that is altered to produce the power.

I bought m C8 2.2 as a 125bhp, I downloaded the ecu data using a cheap tool I bought off ebay and sent the data via email to a company in Bristol. 2 hours later the data was emailed back to me which I uploaded to the car. The car is now 174BHP, has had the EGR remived from the ECU and has had the DPF filter removed from the ECU and I have physically removed it from the exhaust. No more particulate problems ever.

So as you can see, it is not just a case of simply changing the ECU, ignition etc, the ecu has to be matched to the vehicle.

cheers

steve