Creaky Seats

simcom

I have a C1 Rhythm and both front seats creak.

Mentioned this to the dealer and after investigation they are going to replace the seat frames next week.

Has anybody else suffered this problem or am I alone?

Also, I have an annoying squeak coming from the rear. Sounds like a small mouse and seems to manifest itself after traveling a few miles.

Any solutions gratefully received.

Yes, it is quite common for the seats to squeak, especially if you are (to put it politely) heavily built.

I do get the occasional squeak, depending on the exertions put on the seat.

The reason is simple, the seats are only made to a certain standard, so tend to creak.

As for noises in the back....

Here they are, and you will have to do a search for more details.

Rear tailgate hinges squeaking... requires wd40.

Rear seat belt anchorages squeaking.. there is a solution, I did this myself, by installing rubber washers to take up the slack, do a search.

A spare arial is hidding under your rear seat, I kid you not, I found one, and so have other members.

Reason .... the wheel trims and arial are in the boot when delivered to the dealer, the arial gets lost under the seat, they fit a different one, and eventually the spare loose one rattles.

Plus side... I have a spare arial.

My drivers seat creaks, maybe at 13 1/2 stone I'm too heavy :unsure: but my BMI is in the normal range :o

Anyway, my dealer stripped the seat down and fixed it really well for about 3 months. Of course now it is back, but as I'm pretty sure the seat isn't about to fall apart I've decided to live with it as it only happens when cornering.

Well, I only weigh 10.5 stone so I don't see why the front seats should creak. I will see if the new seat frames make any difference and report back here.

As for the squeaking in the back, I have lubricated the tailgate hinges and checked the other areas suggested but the problem remains.

Maybe I'm being to fussy.

i've only had my c1 a week now, no problems with any creaking or funny noise until i had my sister and niece in the car (the biggest 'load' i've carried yet!). i heard a dull 'thunk' seeming to come from left back side where my niece was. it sounded metallic too. didnt really think anything of it, initially thought we'd driven over debris in the car park. i dropped them off, drove off, and there it was again!! definitely in the same area as before....i'm not too concerned as yet, i heard nothing else when driving alone. as its brand new, i guess there might be little things like that while it 'settles'....or am i being completely gormless as i've NEVER owned a car before!! :D

My C1, nearly a month old, has creaky drivers seat, at 12.5 stone not excessive for a 6 foot guy. Will mention it to dealer, they are due to ring as all my servicebooks etc were in German.. Still waiting for DVLA to explain why my car was registered ion 22 Aug when all dealership paperwork stated 1st Sept, and DVLA registered car to my old address, an address the dealership did not know! Sure its to do with the private plate, hope it gets sorted and car will be a '58' !

Love the economy, over 52mpg mostly just nippin to work and back - impressed, and it fair grips to the country lanes.

So far so good, would recommend one to friends, must get round to getting myself a glovebox lid! Got some mats from ebay, - happy with them!

Thought I would give you all an update on my creaky front seats.

The dealer fitted 2 new seat frames today and this seems to have solved the problem. :rolleyes:

I've still got the squeak in the back which seems to start after about 5 minutes of driving and only occurs when traveling over small bumps in the road.

I think maybe it could be exhaust related. It is certainly louder if the parcel shelf is taken out or the rear seats are folded down.

Will monitor for a while and report to the dealer if it persists.