Full Inspection And Service (Faults)

xantiagreen

Hi, Just had a full service and inspection of recently bought xantia hdi 110, faults as follows:

Front and Rear discs+pads

Headlights need adjusting(Kwikfit)

Battery a bit low when lights and heater on battery drops lower than it should advised to get 096 or 075 battery.

Rear height corrector slight leak advised to source seal kit.

Front and Rear spheres.

All help appreciated, not sure what brand of pads or discs to go for?

Battery wise should I go for the battery type advised and not worry about brand?

Rear height corrector I have seen on GSF parts for around £165, but mechanic did say that citroen used to supply the seal kit for around £60 few years back. Anyone know if they are still available anywhere?

Front and Rear spheres are on way out possibly Anti sink sphere, where's the best place to source as good as the original citroen ones and what price should I be paying?

I paid £120 for labour and supplied all the parts, citroen  mechanic did full service, Flush LHM clean filters, oil, oil filter, fuel filter, gearbox oil, flush and refill coolant red antifreeze, fit new handbrake cables check complete running of car and grease all points .

Thanks

If you've got some DIY skills and a decent tool kit, it's fairly easy to change discs and pads.   If you have GSF or Eurocarparts near, you can order online with a good discount, then collect.   I've used both makes that ECP do and they are equally good.  

I believe a Xantia battery should be an 027 but check the output of the alternator with and without the engine running.   Again, GSF and ECP do good discounts on online batteries.   GSF used to do replacement spheres but I don't know about now.   Google for replacements but expect to pay around 28 quid each.   Most important that you get the correct fitment for your car.