Odd Central Locking Problem

nictu

Hello,

I have a problem with the central locking on my 2010 c3 picasso. The problem is with the drivers door and the remote control key fob for locking and unlocking the car. The first time the problem occurred, when the car was locked from the remote control, all doors would lock except the drivers door, but if your used the key in the barrel lock to lock the car then all the doors including the drivers door would lock normally. I took the car in to the dealer at this point but when I got there the engineer could not find any sign of the fault as all the doors were locking and unlocking normally from the remote control!

Now a couple about 6 weeks later the drivers door will not unlock from the remote control, the complete reverse of the above problem, but, again if I use the key in the barrel lock then the car locks/unlocks normally. In the first instance I have tried reprogramming the key fobs by putting the in the ignition and holding the 'lock' button for 10 seconds but this did not work.

I have two remote controls by the way and one is obviously older than the other but the problem occurs when using either remote control.

Does anybody have any idea as to what could be going on?

Help and advice is much appreciated,

nictu.

Welcome to the forum.

Only a guess, but it is as though the driver's door lock actuator is sticking. If so, possibly using the key in the lock a few times may free it, if not then the door card will have to be removed to access the lock. Depending on the cost, whilst everything is in bits if there are no obvious faults such as a loose/dirty electrical connector, then a new one may be the best option - otherwise you could try moving it and using something such as wd40 to lubricate it.

Thanks for the reply, but I seem to fixed it. On the door there is a small hole below the door catch. It's provided to manually lock the doors should the system fail, e.g you stick the ignition ket in the hole turn it slightly and shut the door and it's locked. So I stuck the ignition key in this hole and waggled the mechanism, it's very light and this seemed to work. The door now opens from the remote control. Because the mechnism is so light I think that slamming the door moves it into the lock position.

Have tested the door a couple of time and all is well.

Thanks for the help,

nictu.

• 8 years later...

It will be good if this works.

If a lock is sticking there was something on here where one lock was not working. It was freed off by having one door open and then using the remote to lock quite a few times. This causes the locks to lock/unlock since one door is open. 

• paul.h pinned this topic
17 hours ago, Robert Smallwood said:

I have something similar - C3 Picasso 2011 all the locks lock with the remote except the rear near side passenger door. Will try and see if the fix above works tomorrow. Will post my findings tomorrow

Tried to solve today, none of the suggestions worked but at least I was able to with the child lock prevent the door being able to be opened from the outside when all other doors are centrally locked

• 1 year later...

I’ve currently a same issue key fob locks the boot and 3 doors but not the driver door 

a manual key turn in the driver door locks all and opens all

so if the key works all locks I don’t think it’s the wiring loom or is the fob central locking different wiring than the key???!

• 1 month later...

when my c3 picasso 2010 car went completely dead while i was driving i could only lock the drivers door when i used the key as the fob would not work i could not figure how to lock the rest of the doors i would like help incase this happens again when my c3 picasso 2010 car went completely dead while i was driving i could only lock the drivers door when i used the key as the fob would not work i could not figure how to lock the rest of the doors i would like help incase this happens again