Rear Parking Sensors - C8

psicobra

Moderator comment. it has been reported copy Lexias may write a bug in to the parking sensor program so that the front sensors may not work properly, requiring them to be reprogrammed with another Leaxia/Proxia.

Hi again all I have a problem south my rear parking sensors I get 1 short beep then one long beep then nothing manual says its a fault so I brought a lexia 3 off ebay but as of yet no can't get it too read properly has any one got a clue with lexia 3 or parking sensors of better yet is close to me and fancys helping me out thanks.

Psicobra

This is from Citroens procedures for the C8. Also I have read that a faulty sensor may not make a slight buzzing noise, so you could have a close listen to the 4 sensors:-

Faults are memorised in the parking assistance ECU.
Faults are indicated by a special audible warning from the rear.
1. Reading fault codes
The following faults can be read using the diagnostic tool :
  • Left rear sensor defective
  • Right rear sensor defective
  • Left rear centre sensor defective
  • Right rear centre sensor defective
  • ECU defective
  • Trailer information invalid
  • Rear audible warning defective
2. ACTUATOR TESTS
The rear audible warning can be tested using the diagnostic tool.
3. Configuration
The following parameters can be configured using the diagnostic tool :
  • Number of sensors
  • Presence of a deactivation switch
  • Using the audible warning (on this application, the vehicle’s speakers are not accessible by the VAN network)
  • Adjusting the rear audible warning volume

This is from Citroens procedures for the C8. Also I have read that a faulty sensor may not make a slight buzzing noise, so you could have a close listen to the 4 sensors:-

Faults are memorised in the parking assistance ECU.

Faults are indicated by a special audible warning from the rear.

1. Reading fault codes

The following faults can be read using the diagnostic tool :

• Left rear sensor defective
  • Right rear sensor defective
  • Left rear centre sensor defective
  • Right rear centre sensor defective
  • ECU defective
  • Trailer information invalid
  • Rear audible warning defective

2. ACTUATOR TESTS

The rear audible warning can be tested using the diagnostic tool.

3. Configuration

The following parameters can be configured using the diagnostic tool :

• Number of sensors
  • Presence of a deactivation switch
  • Using the audible warning (on this application, the vehicle’s speakers are not accessible by the VAN network)
  • Adjusting the rear audible warning volume

Thanks Paul I will have a listen but bit sounds like I really need to get the lexia 3 working I brought itbtrys tons can but fails to communicate with everything except the engine and lights I must not have done something wright

• 2 years later...

My car (Citroen C8 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Automatic) has just developed this fault.. I now have no reverse lights nor the parking sensors are working either, Also occasionally it flashes something like place the gear lever in the Parking position!!  ..

The car displays the proper gear position on the dashboard. I checked using DiagBox and it says that the parking sensors are deactivated!! My son used Citroen service Box and Sedre documentations to trace and check all connections and found them to be fine..

Over the weekend I will check the Multi Function Switch (being Auto, it does not have a reverse switch), I'll take it apart and clean it.. There is another sensor on the lever itself which needs to be checked as well. I only hope it is not the BSI.

Any one with input on this issue??

There are 2 sensors, one at the gear lever and the other (Multi Function Switch) is at the link that changes gears on the gearbox.. Both have to be working for the ECU to detect correct functioning..

I hope it is something accessible and one that I can repair instead of expensive part replacement.

My son has gone through all the connections according to Citroen manuals, all were fine. Today he decided to tackle the sensor at the gear lever and while he was testing the reverse lights and the parking sensors worked, then it failed again. We suspected that it is some component around the gear lever. So we took the whole assembly apart and tested and cleaned all the parts, all were working fine. By the way, the Switch at the lever is for the Tiptronic gears (up/down)..

We decided to take the Multi Function Switch out and test it, we found some break point in connectivity. So we disassembled it and there was a little Switch/relay which did not have a continuous connectivity through out its travel movement. Obviously changing Multi Function Switch (more than 50 Euros) would have been the solution, but it was Friday evening and we decided to have a go..

So we took it apart and found the contact points are pitted (burnt). Using very fine sand paper (1000-2000) we smoothed the contact surfaces, cleaned with contact cleaner and reassembled everything and tested...

We were happy that everything worked fine.

Hi Paul,

When we noticed that the parking sensors have failed, we did not know that the reverse lights were also gone as well. Hence, I think if users meet this issue, they might be tempted to search for either Parking Sensors or Reverse Lights or probably both??

So, I may have added my posts to this thread by mistake, I actually meant to add them here:

http://www.citroen-owners-club.co.uk/citroen/topic/7946-reversing-lights-stopped-working-advice-please/

I would appreciate it if you could move it to an appropriate position so that other users can find it in their search.

Regards, Simple.