Advice On Xsara Picasso

Just bought a Xsara picasso at the weekend its a 57 plate 1.6i Desire 16v 110bhp. I've read through the manual and looked on parkers

It says the car has electric mirrors I assumed it meant folding electric ones but I guess it's just the glass that moves? as I have looked around on the net and not seen any with electric folding.

I've also got reverse sensors on this car and not seen it anywhere that states that it comes with it only the exclusive version.

So just trying to figure out what kind of Desire I have lol...

Another seperate question, I've noticed since getting the car that the last owners it was something I didn't check the rear cluster panel on the lights are loose as if they have had them off and tried to get them back on once side showing the clips have snapped and just seems to be resting in place.

I was going to take the car to a local motosave and get them or at least the loose one replaced and was wondering what the cost would be ?

Also the front covers for the headlights see to have a gap in them around the seal is this normal?

thanks

Edited by Gavin78

If it has folding mirrors, they would fold when the car was locked or when the driver's door switch was used - the mirror selection sliding one needs to be in the central position and then pulled back and the mirrors would fold. By electric mirrors it may just mean they are heated ones when the rear window heater is used since electric adjustment seems to be normal on most Citroens, but not the heating.

The rear sensors may have been ordered as an option by the original owner. You can see what the car had when made on the service.citroen site http://service.citroen.com/do/changerParametres under vehicle characteristics. You need to select language and then register as another professional and member of the Citroen Owners Club. Then on the free services under the parts diagrams, enter your VIN and in the left column select Characteristics. Here you will also be able to see the light part no. and get an idea of the price for a new one if yours is damaged from this site http://www.citroencarparts.net/ . If the light is not damaged then maybe it was not put back properly after replacing a bulb - see your handbook how to do this and it would not need a garage and their labour charge.

I am not sure about the headlights, maybe you could look at another one in a car park and also see if yours are letting in water (condensation would be seen on the glass/plastic front lens). It would also be worth you joining the Picasso Owners Club, there is a link to it on this forum's home page.