Nemo Coil Springs

Captain Nemo

I bought a new Nemo Multispace in 2009 and have done 50,000 miles in it and just found that I have a second broken coil spring. I have been driving for almost 50 years and never broke one before. Having said that, I have never owned a Citroen before. Is there a problem with the quality or suitability of the coil springs fitted to my Nemo during manufacture ?

Edited by Captain Nemo

Welcome to the forum.

I would go to your nearest Citroen dealer since Citroen have been replacing broken coil springs, front and rear without cost to the owners. Both sides are done so the springs are the same. On our 2003 C3 a front one broke at about 5 years old and both fronts were replaced. Last month a rear one broke on our current 2010 C3 and again both rear ones were replaced without cost to ourselves. I think Citroen replace them up to about 80k miles so you have nothing to lose by asking.

Broken springs seem to be a common failure on many cars these days. Springs are probably being made thinner to cut weight but there are now a lot of speed bumps and potholes on roads which may not be helping.

• 1 year later...

Hi I have a Nemo multispace 14.00 diesel, in dry weather I get a clanking noise coming from the front springs when I turn the wheel from left to right, I have checked but neither of the springs seem to be broken, could it just be with the springs being dry, if so can they be greased?

Any information would be much appreciated.

Regards

David

It could be the strut top bearing that needs replacing on one or both sides. I think I have read these are a common problem on the Nemo. Also check the anti roll bar drop links but these tend to knock when going over bumps.