Electric Windows, 2007 Dispatch

bankman

Hello, first posting here.  I recently aquired a 2007 Dispatch (old shape) and the electric windows operate OK but only with the engine running.  I would have expected them to work with the key in the first position like my Pug Partner, is this normal or has the vehicle (ex water board) been 'modified' in some way?  Ideally I want them to work without the engine running so that the Mrs can use them while a passenger if I'm out of the van working.  Any advice welcomed, thank's in advance.

Pete. 

Welcome to the forum.

On our Citroens the windows only work with the key turned so the dash is lit up or the engine running. If they are in economy mode (Citroen/Peugeot thing to stop the battery going flat), they will not work until the engine has been started again (same with the radio). In your case you may need to provide a second electrical supply direct from the battery to the windows so they can be opened/closed. Or maybe it may be possible to fit a handle.

Thank you for that information Paul, they don't work even with the ignition fully on but do when the engine fires up.  I will see how we get on with it as it is at present and maybe adapt it later if it causes problems.  Just something we haven't encountered before but you live and learn new things daily!  Thank's again.

Pete.

Edited by bankman

If it has economy mode, try the windows just after stopping the engine and then turn the key so the dash lights up. If they then work, it could be they do not work some time after if the battery voltage is low. Normally economy mode would occur after about 15 to 30 minutes from stopping the engine if there is some battery use, such as the radio or doors open, the internal light is on. It stops some electrical things working until the engine is started again to prevent the battery going flat and includes the windows, radio, internal lights.