Hello from The Rhondda Valleys

I've had a 2013 Citroen C4 Airdream for almost a year now.

There are so many versions during searches for the right parts etc that I get confused to say the least.

The nearest information that I can gather is that it is a Citroen C4 1.6 e-HDI {115} Airdream, Vtr+ EGS6 Automatic. However if I search on Castrol for example it comes up with only two choices, none of them are the same as what I've just written. They offer up simply Citroen C4 B71.

Well I'm one of those people who mildly worry about stuff in advance, most of the time needlessly it must be said. So I've decided to join here in order to get advice should I ever need it, and I currently do about oil, and  to then be aware of the things I should and shouldn't do.

I hope that maybe I can contribute in the future, one can only hope.....

Welcome to the forum.

B71 is Citroen's model number for the 2010 on C4 and not specific to your car, just all C4s.   edit 20/6/2021 - B71 2290 is the PSA oil spec number. The C4 model number is another B  number but I can not remember or easily find out what number.

The oil type is listed in your Maintenance/Warranty guide and may be Total INEO ECS 5w30 which is a low ash type to help the exhaust dpf. Do not use any other type of oil but it is quite cheap if bought on-line. Apart from oil,  I always get the parts at a Citroen dealer having suffered before buying parts that do not fit.

We had a 2011 and a 2015 C4 1.6 hdi manual and they were both reliable comfy cars that gave good fuel economy. Only problems were the paint bubbled on the bonnets so both were replaced under the paint warranty - one was at the front next to the V and the other underneath around the seams. It is worth maintaining the paint warranty by having the check done at 4 years and then every 2 years, costing about £30 at a dealer. If this has been done the Warranty book will have been stamped. On the 2015 one I had to replace the front struts since one started to knock due to internal wear and was a common problem around that year due to poor struts. It happened after the warranty expired although only about 25k miles but was a diy job so not too expensive.

I have pinned a topic on cleaning the brakes if you do your own work.

Thank you Paul, so much for that information.

I can see it now but I was so in=tent on the diagram on the previous page that had to do with temperatures, I neglected to look where I should have, including a panel on that same page that says for topping up C2 as first choice, or C3.

Can I then assume that it is the Synthetic Anti-pollution B71 2290 INEO ECS 5W-30 and can ignore the references to Total Activa and Quartz. Are they the same oil with different names?

I will then go look to see if I can find that correct Total oil.

20210620_145145.jpg

If you search on Total INEO ECS it comes back with Total Quartz INEO ECS 5w30 which is the oil I have used in our Citroens and is the oil used by our dealer noted on the service receipt for the C4 when under warranty. Total Activa seems to be only available in the rest of Europe so maybe Quartz is UK only.

Hi Paul. I already did that, there are two identical Total Quartz INEO ECS 5w30 oils made by Total but have different containers, one blue, one gold. On Total's own website is shows the gold one. So I bought the 5 litre gold one as I think it may simply be newer packaging design. It is C2 and all the other numbers are identical.

Thank you for your help and I know this subject is not supposed to be in introductions, so thank you for obliging me. At least I know the oill will be good for another year....lol. I intend to keep up the service history which was done every year before I bought it. MOT due on same date.

Edited by Jeff Davies
left a detail out.