Battery

snakes

Since having a battery change the red service light is staying on and the first time I use the right indicator a warning to check the indicators comes on but only does it once. Does the car need programming to tell it that it has a new battery ? It is a 2014 2.0 blue HDi exculsive.

Have you checked all the indicators are working when you first try them, if they are, is the car due for its annual service ? When checking indictors I will also try them with the side lights on and if they also flash a bit it can indicate an earth fault/corrosion on the bulb holder. The service warning is counted down by miles but also by time so a warning ought to be given whichever comes first. When the battery was replaced did you follow any procedure to avoid odd electrical problems by disconnecting/reconnecting it too quickly and not waiting a few minutes after any doors or the bonnet were opened/closed and the key removed from the ignition so the bsi was not given time to shut down ?

This I cannot say as the battery was changed by one of the techs at the BMW garage where I work, If these steps were not followed what would be the fix as I have my MOT in two weeks  and I am driving to Berwick on Tweed on holiday on the 13th August.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are still at the BMW garage, I would let the technicians know what is happening with the indicators and see if they can sort it. If it is related to the battery disconnection it might just need to be done again but allowing time for the car's BSI to shutdown and save its memory before disconnecting it.