urea warning light

ERIC BEDFORD

I think there is a minimum amount you have to add if it ran out but since it is bought in 10 litre lots I guess that is not the problem. Also if it has run out, after topping up you have to wait some time (5 minutes) before starting the engine or opening the driver's door or locking the car or putting the key in the ignition switch. Then switch on the ignition but wait 10 seconds before starting the engine (all according to the handbook with our C4 Cactus). It also mentions that after 650 miles with a fault then the car will be automatically prevented from starting which gives a bit of urgency to fixing it.

If you did all the above then I think you may need to visit a Citroen dealer. When the NOx sensor failed on our Cactus the engine management light came on and a fault code was given which indicated the fault cause and you have not mentioned the engine management light.

According to this topic, the adblue tanks can sometimes need replacing since a faulty pump or sensor is not a separate part. http://c4owners.org/plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?234632  If it is this I hope you have it covered by a warranty, otherwise the topic suggests about £1000 to replace the tank.