replacing seats - wiring loom

Jillie

Can anyone tell me if the wiring loom is the same for all versions of the crossover?

I would have prefered to have bought a version with leather heated seats,  but time constraints and the limited range of vehicles for sale locally means I have ended up buying one with cloth seats.

Does anyone know if the wiring loom is common to all versions,   so it would be possible to buy leather heated seats  and dash switches from a scrapper to replace the existing seats.

I know you can buy various seat covers,  and you can buy heated seat pads but they do not stand up to much use so I would prefer to have decent seats fitted.  

Thanks for any advice.  

You need to ask a Citroen dealer to look at the parts diagrams and see if the wiring looms are the same across all models. If you have a particular donor vehicle it might also help if you have its VIN which would identify that particular car in the parts. You might also ask the dealer for the price of the leather seat covers to replace the cloth ones but I suspect they may be more expensive than complete seats from a scrap yard.

If your seats are not already heated then there might be a lot more than just the seats to replace.

Thanks for the suggestion.  I know from following conversations on the owners forum for my previous vehicle,  an X trail,  Nissan moved to using the same wiring loom in all x trail models from 2004,   so its just a matter of buying the switches as well as the seats and plugging in to upgrade to better seats.       I wondered if the same was possible with a citroen.  

Obviously leather seats are easier to keep clean than cloth,  but its the heated aspect of good car seats which is as important to me as the material.  Unfortunately I wasn't able to find a good example,  sensibly priced,  second hand SUV with heated leather seats in my neck of the woods before my x trails mot ran out  so I had to settle for buying a citroen with cloth seats which was the best vehicle available. in my limited price bracket.      So now its a question of either getting the seats upgraded or treating it as a stop gap vehicle.

There is a set of leather seats here for £290. You could contact the seller for a photo of the connectors to see if they are the same as yours. It does not mention if they are heated though and adjustment looks to be manual but you can ask.  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265296985168?hash=item3dc4eebc50:g:3TMAAOSw-cNg2aRW

On ebay if you search on C Crosser heated leather seat there is a passenger side front one for sale for £99.98, you could ask for info on that one. (I was not able to copy a link to it). 

Only car I had with leather seats was a Saab 9000. I was not keen on the seats, the leather was stiff and it was easy to slide about, maybe they needed a leather treatment. Heated seats are nice in winter, I've had them on a few Saab cars and it warms you quicker than the car heater can. 

I have looked at some old parts diagrams for cars up to 2012 and the wiring at the front seats appears to be the same whether heated or not. However, the central wiring loom can vary on early cars and also if heated seats are fitted. So it appears you could fit heated seats and if your car does not already have them the central wiring could be wrong so you might need a central loom. It is probably best to check at a dealer to see what wiring you have in the parts diagrams.