Blocked Front Wheels

Fanis

I got a Citroen 2CV6 Charleston and it was sitting for 2 years+ and I tried to revive it again. I changed the battery and put a new one, I put some fuel on it as well. The 2 Front wheels are blocked. It can go about 1m forward and both 2 front wheels block. What may cause this problem?

I am not quite sure what you are saying, is it with the engine running and in gear it does not go very far ? Are you saying the wheels only turn a little bit before sticking/seizing ? Have you tried to jack the car up to see if the wheels can turn by hand with the car not in gear and the handbrake off - if they do not turn then the brakes may be seized needing taking apart and cleaning and possibly new parts.

I got it to work today. It was sitting for 3 years. I tried to move it with its engine off and with no gear/handbrake. It can move about 1m and then the front wheels lock. I wanted to move it but the engine wasn't working. I will try to see if the wheels are still blocked when the engine is on since it works now again. Thanks!