C2 warranty for repairs - London based garage?

Mike90

Hi there, I recently bought a used C2 and have had it serviced and it requires a bit of work. I do have a warranty on it, as I got it serviced at Robins and Day the warranty supplier wants a quote of the work required from an independent garage. I am hoping someone would have a recommendation of a garage around West London (Ealing based) that would be good to use for this, I already have the full list and price of repairs, so I could supply the new garage that and just get a quote from them.  Then I need to supply that to the warranty supplier and see what they'll cover of the needed repairs. Would anyone have any advice in regards to a place to get the work done and anything else regarding the warranty and repairs. I'm new to the UK from Australia and am fairly ignorant of many things here in regards to motor vehicles, so I'd really appreciate any assistance you may have. 

Thanks

I suspect the warranty company are hoping you can get a cheaper labour rate by going to a non Citroen garage. The parts though should be the same price if genuine Citroen ones are used. The garage you go to will still want to check your car so they are happy the work needs doing and the extent of it. I am unable to recommend one in London though but you may find a lower labour rate if you can travel outside London. Robins and Day are UK based so may be able to advise on their charges elsewhere but as a guide our Citroen dealer in Lincoln (Pentagon) charge about £100 an hour. Using a Citroen dealer who knows your car could mean jobs are quicker than elsewhere.

I do my own servicing/repairs and usually use Citroen parts since they are the right ones and fit, copy ones can be inferior and I have found in the past they do not always fit or perform as well. Years ago I had a car with a warranty and it needed a new steering rack - the warranty company would not pay for a new one, only reconditioned so I paid the difference. The turbo was also on its way out and the warranty company wanted me to pay for it to be dismantled to prove it needed replacing so I did not bother.

Good luck trying to find somewhere that only charges £60 an hour labour, even a back street garage might charge more and if they need more hours to do the work the overall cost might not be that different. You could possibly ask R&D what is the lowest they will charge and see if it is worth you paying the difference. I would also check the contract small print and see if it mentions labour rates.

Out of interest, what repairs does the car need ?