Citroen relay 2014 hdi 2.2 van drivers rear brake disc stuck on the brake shoes?

ARCHIBALD

I can not get my rear drivers side brake disc off to replace it, I had no issues with the passenger side, looks like the cog tensioner is not moving,

all the bolts are out, it seam to be rubbing on the shoes and the disc is loos- ish it comes forward but looks like the shoes want to come out with, it I've been on it seven hours today,

IT SEEM THIS SORT OF CRAP ALWAYS HAPPENS TO ME! LOL. ANY IDEARS WOULD BE GREAT.

I had to do a search to find out that the hand brake has brake shoes inside the disc hub. There will be a wear/brake dust ridge inside the hub so it will need the shoes/hand brake cable adjusting so the shoes are at their minimum diameter to clear the ridge. I guess you already know how to back off the adjuster cog through the hub, if not this video shows it although initially the disc has been removed first which I would think is not necessary. If the cog is seized then maybe you might have to spray it with something like wd40 but this could mean replacing the shoes so brake cleaner might be better. 

Thank you for the help and video, your a very nice guy, in the End I got the old angle grinder out, I went in a proximity 1'' cut it all the way around and the front of the disc, then it was off,  On inspection both locking pins and clips were Off. also the adjustable cog was stuck solid so I released the hand brake cable so it to totally free then with a fair bit of effort I got it off, Thank God.

Thanks again ( paul.h ).

• 2 weeks later...

In the end we got it fixed, I got new replacement shoes for about £10 + £17 = for new shoe pins clips space adjusters and the hand brake mechanism's.

I put new shock absorber's on, though the van seems to be sitting lower now, so I will  pop them off and give them a bit of a stretch then try them again.

Edited by ARCHIBALD
spelling edit