C5 Oil Accumulation And Sluggish

kaostheory

Hi guys,

Bought a 52 plate c5 hdi 110 estate lx with 95k.

decided to have a proper look over the under bonnet area today and everything is extremely clean except for one part.

I am guessing this is an air doser valve? there is oil covering it and pooling in the cavity below it. Its not flowing and looks like its accumulated over time..

The car ( to me ) seems sluggish for a 110 could this have anything to do with it?

Any ideas?

Rhys

Hi guys,

Bought a 52 plate c5 hdi 110 estate lx with 95k.

decided to have a proper look over the under bonnet area today and everything is extremely clean except for one part.

http://img162.imagevenue.com/loc381/th_07394_P18-02-10_15.31_122_381lo.JPG

I am guessing this is an air doser valve? there is oil covering it and pooling in the cavity below it. Its not flowing and looks like its accumulated over time..

The car ( to me ) seems sluggish for a 110 could this have anything to do with it?

Any ideas?

Rhys

nice picture there mate and shows lack of interest what goes on under the bonnet ( you look after it and it will pay dividends and longevity ) you can eat your dinner of my engine lol.

nice picture there mate and shows lack of interest what goes on under the bonnet ( you look after it and it will pay dividends and longevity ) you can eat your dinner of my engine lol.

Speaking of dirty, that pic threw up a pop-up live girly chat site on my computer, not good in the office!!!

Cheers

Chris

as the pic is now gone, what does the little pipe that runs from bulkhead to the front underside valve with rubber 135 deg elbow do?

noticed today ( whilst putting in yet another H/L bulb! ) that this was off valve so pushed back in, hopefully it will solve my the sluggishness that's reappeared

• 7 months later...
Guest accross

'60;!--quoteo(post=40046:date=Feb 26 2010, 04:37 AM:name=techbod)--'62;<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(techbod @ Feb 26 2010, 04:37 AM) 40046[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'>'60;!--quotec--'62;nice picture there mate and shows lack of interest what goes on under the bonnet ( you look after it and it will pay dividends and longevity ) you can eat your dinner of my engine lol.'60;!--QuoteEnd--'62;</div>'60;!--QuoteEEnd--'62;

Speaking of dirty, that pic threw up a pop-up live girly chat site on my computer, not good in the office!!!

Cheers

Chris

it is this pic - girl chat site appeared on my computer too .