Electric Windows

Patteri

Hi , i have bought a citroen c8 2,0 hdi 2003

With numerous faults , windows , airbag light , etc

The windows all operate perfectly exept. The front passenger one.

When operated , not matter which switch i use ( pax or driver side ) it only goes down and up inch by inch ! :(

When lock the car , is the only window that doesnt go up !

I v disconnected the battery , and ricconected it again , but is still the same :(

Could be the wiring by the doirs ?? The motor ?

When i disconnected the battery i v tried o reset the antipinch device

But didnt work âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡

• 4 months later...

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:59 PM

Hi , i have bought a citroen c8 2,0 hdi 2003

With numerous faults , windows , airbag light , etc

The windows all operate perfectly exept. The front passenger one.

When operated , not matter which switch i use ( pax or driver side ) it only goes down and up inch by inch !

When lock the car , is the only window that doesnt go up !

I v disconnected the battery , and ricconected it again , but is still the same

Could be the wiring by the doirs ?? The motor ?

When i disconnected the battery i v tried o reset the antipinch device

But didnt work âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡âš¡

Obvious things for the window I can think of to check but without having experienced this problem :

- check if the side guide runners/seals are clean and not providing resistance to the glass - you could try pulling the glass up as it is closing to see if it makes a difference.

- check if the rubber seal at the bottom of the glass is rusty and pushing in to the glass.

- check if there is damage to the wiring where it goes between the car body and door in the rubber bellows.

- check there is a good earth connection - it may fasten to the body somewhere inside the footwell but I am not sure.

- you may have to remove the door card to check the motor, its wiring and electrical connector and for correct voltage at the motor when a switch is used.

- it may need a new motor if for example the brushes are worn down, it is seized a bit (a drop of oil may help).

- if there are any odd noises as the window is moving then there may be damage to the mechanism between the motor and glass - again the door card will need removing to check this.

- maybe you could try a 12 volt supply direct to the motor to see if it then works ok.

The airbag light may be a bad connection under a seat but if not you will need a dealer diagnostic check to find the fault. If checking the connections, it may be better to do this with the battery disconnected and then wait maybe 15 minutes to avoid any risk of an air bag going off. Whilst the light is on the airbag system is likely to not work if the car is in a crash and this could affect any insurance claim for injuries.

• 1 year later...

You are not on your own with this one.....I have exactly the same problem with drivers window...it was ok but just after I bought it it started...ill let you know if I sus it out mate....Its nothing fouling as ive tried pulling it at the same time as pressing the button....its just inch by inch and have to keep pressing on and off all the time...its a real pain.

This is from the C5 Common Problems topic and may help:

18. Front window anti pinch stops it closing (comes back down a few inches).

Check the bottom rubber seal on the window as these start to corrode and apply pressure on to the runner. However, thanks go to Bobster for the following fix on a passenger window 2003 2.2 hdi sx hatchback.

Window fault is cured.

A general search on the internet found Vauxhall and Saab owners had the same fault. The cure was to put the key in the ignition, remove the fuse to the passenger door then the fuse to the driver's door console, then replace both fuses and the problem was cured.

So, I put the ignition key in and turned it to accessories, then I removed fuse 4 from the passenger glove compartment and checked the passenger window switch which was dead, removed fuse 9 and checked the driver's door switches which were also dead. I then replaced both fuses, pressed the passenger window button to 'raise' and the window moved to the top and stayed there! I tried lowering and raising the passenger window using both passenger and door switches and all worked perfectly, job done!

This fix also worked for Mike Lane whose window would only go up in increments and after cleaning the switch which did not help, this fix was successfully used. See here http://www.citroen-o...ectric-windows/

• 4 weeks later...