Plz Help Turbo Screeching

Maffz121

Hi there I'm new to this so plz bare with me lol if got a c8 2.2 52plate when u rev the engine scretches very loud I thought it was the water pump so I put a new water pump and timing belt on it today and it's exactly the same so I had another look and it sounds like it's comeing from the turbo it's running fine but soon has u go over 2k reves it starts screaming and is very loud everyone turns and looks at me to see wat the noise is do u think the tubes gone? If so I've been told it's the same has a few diff car if so which ones plz thanks maff

I couldn't say I have ever heard of a turbo "screeching". Have you considered the auxiliary belt? In order to eliminate this, remove this belt and run the vehicle for a very short period of time. This will eliminate all parts connected to this belt if noise goes away.

Be aware, you can only run the vehicle for a very short period of time as you will not have the alternator charging the battery.

If there is any issue with a turbo making excessive noise, the only solution is to replace it.

Is it a metallic sound or air sound (such as from a baloon) and does it pulse ? Are there any smells ? Do the brakes work normally (thinking of a vaccum pump problem) ?

If it is the turbo I would not want to run the engine. If the turbo breaks up a lot of metal will get in to the engine and destroy it. May be you could look for bits of metal in the intercooler piping.

You could look on top of the injectors for any oil/carbon that could indicate an injector seal leak.