C4 Judder

Zimdom

I've got a C4 VTR+ Diesel automatic. For a while now it's been juddering? The management light came on and the code was to do with the fuel filter which I got changed. The light hasn't come back on but the judder is still happening? Can anyone help please! The garage told me not to worry until the management light comes back on so they can tell what it is?. Please help me!

Welcome to the forum.

What year is the car and which engine size and is it a full automatic ?

Juddering could be something mechanical and therefore it may not cause the engine management light to come on so you may be better off using a different dealer/garage. Possibilities could include:

- a driveshaft/cv joint fault

- clutch/dmf fault depending on whether your car is not a full automatic

- a brake fault such as excess runout of discs or badly worn rear drums (if not rear discs) if it happens when braking

The repair cost will depend on what needs doing and whether you are able to do the work yourself but if done by a garage:

A crankshaft pulley will be £10s, a clutch/dmf £100s, an engine mounting £10s. You can get an idea of parts costs from the eurocarparts website but from a Citroen dealer they could be similar or a bit more.