No Spare Wheel In Ds5 D-Sport

AnthonyMA

I have a DS5 D-Sport (18" wheels). I want to take a spare with me to Europe because although Citroen may think it's a good idea to travel around without one, I don't. However, amazingly, Citroen don't make an 18" steel wheel (according to my garage), unless you know better :-) I can't afford to buy an alloy. Ho hum...

Welcome to the forum.

You may find the steel spare recommended by Citroen is smaller diameter but the tyre to go on it will not be as low a profile as on the alloy, so the overall wheel/tyre diameter is the same. On a door or door pillar will be a sticker with the tyre sizes and pressures - it may give the size of spare. You can also look at the Citroen parts diagrams for the options. Register on service.citroen as an other professional non emergency services and as a member of the Citroen Owners Club. You may need to select your language. Once on the parts diagrams use your VIN (VIS) top left to find your car. http://service.citroen.com/do/changerParametres

Our C4 only had the sealant so not relying on this we had to buy a spare wheel/tyre and the jack, plastic tool to pull off the wheel bolt chrome plastic caps, the plastic tray to hold the jack in the spare wheel, wheel bolt brace. I also put some heat shrink sleeving on the jack handle since the end can easily catch the sill and take the paint off.

• 4 weeks later...