C5 X7 Tourer - Replace Clutch Position Sensor?

I've got a problem with the auto parking brake that been traced to a faulty clutch position sensor.

The sensor in question is at the top of the clutch pedal, but I can't (easily) see how it's attached to the mount and the pedal itself.

So does anyone know how to remove it, and if there's an easy source of Citroen parts on the web, as the main dealers round here aren't necessarily the sort of place I'm keen to go to.

The clutch pedal position switch for the electric handbrake part number seems to be 218922 but this should be checked using your VIN. The Citroen service box procedures do not have anything on how to replace this. I could not find the part on-line so it may be a Citroen only part. Looks as if you will just have to get the part and do your best. In the service box invoicing times it gives 2.8 hours (including bsi removal and knee air bag removal) for replacing a micro switch but I suspect this is not for the electric handbrake one. It also gives 4.8 hours for clutch pedal replacement.

• 3 weeks later...

I got the part from Barretts of Canterbury, they were most helpful.

Looking at the new part will tell how to remove the old one. It takes about 20 minutes as you have to remove the trim hiding the top end of the pedals.

Once the part is in place, the single pin that secures it can be pushed in, then the level that secures that pin pushed up to lock it into place. getting the old one out is the reverse...

I have now driven nearly six hours with the electric handbrake back to normal and no return of the fault and the "Auto Parking Off".

The part is very expensive for what it is, £51.19 for a potentiometer to measure position. About £0.50 of retail in electronics land.