New C4 Grand Picasso owner

trakhat

Hi, just bought my first ever Citroen. So far I'm pretty impressed with the way it drives and it's comfort. Needless to say it's a few years old - 2009, but it's the most modern car I've ever owned. Always gone for Merc, Volvo, Jaguar and other 'quality' cars in the past on the assumtion that something with good quality built in originally will still be good 20 years later. Mostly that has been true but the last couple of years I have found that even the top marques aren't as good as they once were. Poor reliability and complex electrical systems have let me down. So I have taken the plunge and bought something a bit newer in the hope it will prove more reliable.

I have only had it 3 days but I have already clocked up a couple of hundred miles. Do like the six speed semi-auto transmission and high seating position. Some of the controls are taking a bit of getting used to. Strange that there is no 'park' on the auto box and the push button parking brake is definitely odd...! No engine temperature guage is a bit disconcerting... Parking sensors would be a bonus with the huge long front which of course is totally invisible from the driving seat but apart from that I'm fairly happy with it. Anyhow. Thats a bit about me & my Citroen. We also have a Freelander and a Honda Civic.

That's me,

Hello to the club.

Welcome to the forum. We've had 9 Citroens in our family over the last 16 years and found them reliable. If you have the 1.6 hdi keep up with the annual oil/filter changes using the correct oil as listed in the warranty book since they have been known for early turbo failures. If you want a coolant temperature gauge you can plug a code reader that gives live data in to the diagnostic socket. Timing belt changes are a mileage or 10 years if sooner so check yours has been done, including the belt tensioner, any pulleys and the water pump.