2017 Relay engine rattle and re-map thoughts please

Spice

Hello all,

I have a 2017 relay, 114k mikes, full main dealer history, it’s had speed limiter on it so not hammered, 1 owner etc and very nice condition 

the motor does sounds to have more of a rattle than my old 2007, appreciate it’s a totally different motor but it does sound “harsher” than my old van

it sounds like the valves need adjustment, but is this just the way the motor is…?

In did read in the reviews that the motor is harsh….but what are the thoughts…?

is this just the way they are…?

also I’m thinking of getting a re-map mainly for economy, but a bit more power would be nice, but I don’t want to cause any reliability issues.

anyone had there’s re-mapped…?

many thanks

Spice 

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2022 at 3:48 PM, Spice said:

Hello all,

I have a 2017 relay, 114k mikes, full main dealer history, it’s had speed limiter on it so not hammered, 1 owner etc and very nice condition 

the motor does sounds to have more of a rattle than my old 2007, appreciate it’s a totally different motor but it does sound “harsher” than my old van

it sounds like the valves need adjustment, but is this just the way the motor is…?

In did read in the reviews that the motor is harsh….but what are the thoughts…?

is this just the way they are…?

also I’m thinking of getting a re-map mainly for economy, but a bit more power would be nice, but I don’t want to cause any reliability issues.

anyone had there’s re-mapped…?

many thanks

Spice 

I know this is old. I might potentially have a similar situation with my 2.0 bluehid from 2016. I wasn't able to record the noise but I found this video in which the motor makes that rattle noise similar to mine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulq8iaA48DY 

Did you manage to figure what it was?

Edited by pattap