Rear Fog Lights

Malcolm

I have a 2002 2.2 HDI. Recently I tried to turn on my rear fog lamps but to no avail. The fronts come on ok and the indicator light on the dash says that the rears are working but the're not. Checked the bulbs and fuses and the're ok. Help!.

You need to turn the light switch twice to get the rear fog lights and their separate dash light on - the first turn only puts on the front fogs and its dash light.

Hi Paul. Thanks for the response. I guess I didn't explain the problem too well. I turn the knob once and the front fog lamps and indicator light come on. I turn the knob again and the second indicator for the rear fog light comes on but the actual lights themselves fail to illuminate. I can also hear a relay down near the fuse box click but all to no avail.

Another possibility, do the rear brake lights work ? The fog lights are part of the normal rear lights - ie the double filament bulbs and the rear brake lights are separate. This confused me when I fit the towbar. I also seem to think there may only be one rear fog light (need to check this though) so it could just be one rear double filament bulb that needs replacing.

Another possibility, do the rear brake lights work ? The fog lights are part of the normal rear lights - ie the double filament bulbs and the rear brake lights are separate. This confused me when I fit the towbar. I also seem to think there may only be one rear fog light (need to check this though) so it could just be one rear double filament bulb that needs replacing.

Thanks Paul. I'll have to go and check that. Malcolm

Last thing I can think of that may not be a wiring problem, do you have a tow bar fitted ? In the socket there may be a pin to disconnect the car fog lights if a trailer is connected and it may be stuck open or dirty on the contacts. To check you would need to split the 12N (black) socket and look in the back of it.

Last thing I can think of that may not be a wiring problem, do you have a tow bar fitted ? In the socket there may be a pin to disconnect the car fog lights if a trailer is connected and it may be stuck open or dirty on the contacts. To check you would need to split the 12N (black) socket and look in the back of it.

Thanks again Paul.I do have a tow bar albeit unused for a long time but never the less I'll go and ckeck that. I'll keep you posted. Regards. Malcolm.