Certificate Of Conformity

Guest Variable Buzzard

Guest Variable Buzzard

Does anyone know whether Citroen UK have an established address/e-mail address/phone number to get a Certificate of Conformity?

I need it to re-register my currently UK-registered 2004 Berlingo in France.

I've been onto their website and sent them an e-mail enquiry, but so far I've had no reply.

Guest Variable Buzzard

Somebody on the C5 subforum has recently imported a C5 to France so a search of the posts there may help (or even post the question there). It mostly concerned changing the headlights so suitable for left hand drive roads.

Thanks Paul: in fact I've (I hope) got the headlights sorted with a new pair from an e-bay seller in Germany. I couldn't find any other mentions of the Certificate of Conformity (CoC) there.

My problem is getting a vital bit of paper from Citroen without which I can't re-register the car. The CoC is about the type of car, not it's LHD/RHD configuration (that gets covered by the French equivalent of the MoT). Stupid really as it's a Citroen, you'd think they would know it's the same car as the zillions of other ones running on French roads already. Just bureaucracy. I had to do it with a 2CV too, but as it was pre-2000 the CoC came from Citroen in France.

I'll try phoning them tomorrow.

It shouldn't be too much of a problem because judging by this and other forums, UK Citroens frequently end up in France and Spain. In fact when I sold my 2.1 Xantia in 2005, it was collected by an English guy and immediately driven down to Dover on its way to its new home in Normandy.

Guest Carnige

Some years ago, I registered a BX in France. At the time all I though I needed was an export certificate. However, the Prefecture just could not understand the export certificate and it was a good job I had a copy of the (English) registration document, which they accepted (take a copy just in case). Going back to the CoC, They of course needed one to issue my Carte Gris. I was given the address of another government department, whose name I have forgotten, but it was something similar to the department of transport. Then sent me a form that I had to fill in and send back to them with all the details, engine/chassis numbers, etc., and they issued me a CoC. I also had friends, one who had to do this as his Honda CoC, did not match any French standards and the same with another friend with an English model Peugeot.

You might also have to go to your local French tax office, to get a certificate to prove that you do not need to pay tax on the imported car.

I am not saying that you should perhaps do it this way, keep nagging Citroën.

As I did this some years ago, things might have changed.

• 3 years later...

Just as an update if anyone is interested in exporting a car to France: I have just taken my Xsara across to be registered. I tried contacting Citroen UK via their website, asking about obtaining a Certificate of Confirmity (CoC) – but without a response to my email.

Also phoned a couple of main agents who knew very little about the subject.

Decided to call Citroen direct but the person I needed to talk to was unavailable!!! I did find out that in the UK it costs £80. But I think the CoC needs to be in French and not sure the UK office can provide that, as I have since discovered someone who got a CoC from Ford but was unable to make use of it as it was in English.

I finally contacted Citroen in France who prompty informed me that I needed to send a copy of a purchase Inoice, V5, ID ie. Passport, a completed appication form (downloadable from the internet) for the CoC and a payment of 180€. Found a number of sites where I could do the whole thing online which was much easier and now waiting for the arrival of the CoC.