Cruise Control

bencowell

I think it's a case of looking at the CD provided to see what is missing.

On somecars, like the Skodas it's merely a case of fitting the stalk with the extra controls.

On my 406 I can see from the CD drawings that in addition to a stalk there are two extra boxes needed. There is also a clutch switch possibly needed, but then this would only be for a manual, not an auto.

The after market kits seem to have to fit an actuator despite the fact this is not needed for a drive by wire car.

Does anyone have access to the service CD?

if it has a radio control under the wiper stalk it can be fitted unless its a 1600 petrol as this has a normal throttle cable. all you need is the stalk and a ecu config. think you will need to buy a steering wheel for c3 as thats where cc controls are. ive never done a c3 so not sure.

• 1 month later...

Hi I have a 2004 C5 2.0 hdi Estate VTR Auto MK1 and want to have cruise control fitted. I called my local Citroen Dealer Holland on Sea Motors and asked if this was possible and they said yes. They quoted 91.00 inc vat if it was carried out at its next service. When I went to collect the car they said they had not been able to do it as when they connected up to the BSI unit they could not find any reference to enable the crusie control They have performed this on a picasso and there was a option to enable the cruise control. Has anyone any ideas what you have to enable on a C5. The dealer are going to call Citroen's tech dept but they have said that they were not very helpfull when they called about the Picasso before they carried out the work.

you have to tell the bsi and engine ecu that its fitted. cant remember whitch way round they are but in one you have to turn cruise control on and in the other you have to turn vvr on. vvr is the one they will be having trouble with as they will be looking for cruise ctrl. tell them to check both bsi and engine ecu and make sure vvr is activated. you also have to remove the key and not touch anything for about 30 sec so the bsi shuts down before it will work. hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Next Update. The car went in yesterday and they could not access the BSI they used the code on the card supplied with the car but the unit just locked for 15mins. They have contacted Citroen to check the code. How many attemps do these dealers need to get things right. ;)

if its not the right code you can't blame the dealers. we've had cars in without the code card and when you ask the owner for it they rut through there draws at home untill they find it. the problem is the card they find is from the citroen they owned previous to the one they have now and there is no way of telling which card is for which car. the dealer where the car is bought normally makes a note of the code on pdi and keep it on there computer with the cars details. this is not on a data base that can be checked by other dealers. unless you know where the car was purchased your dealer will have to apply to citroen uk for it. dosent take long for them to send it. usually same day.

Iannez, As you are 'in the know', do you know if cruise control can be added to a 1.6 HDi Berlingo?

The reason I ask is that I had it added to my old 2.0 HDi version without problems, but the dealer who added it to that car now refuses to do such activations after directions from Citroen UK.

I've tried getting it added at a Citroen approved service centre but whilst the BSI recognises cruise has been added it refuses to work, any advice will be appreciated.

Iannez, As you are 'in the know', do you know if cruise control can be added to a 1.6 HDi Berlingo?

The reason I ask is that I had it added to my old 2.0 HDi version without problems, but the dealer who added it to that car now refuses to do such activations after directions from Citroen UK.

I've tried getting it added at a Citroen approved service centre but whilst the BSI recognises cruise has been added it refuses to work, any advice will be appreciated.

The last vehicle we added Cruise control to was a fairly new C8, the information required to make it operate was in the injection ecu and required an update at the same time.

I've never seen anthing that says we can't fit it, but then again there arn't instructions on how to fit it.

Alot of it comes down to whether a dealer has had problems with a fitment or a customer in the past. You only need one modification of this kind to cause you 'too much trouble' for it to be declined forever more.

yes m8. our ct fit one last week. diffrent stalk to the old ones as they have speed limiter. (three way roller switch.) the also have to be configured diffrent. find out tomorrow exactley how he did it. he just ran through it quickley with me and didnt realy take it in.

DickieG. its the normal stalk (2 way roller.) does not have limiter on and you will have to config bsi and inj ecu. one is rvv and the other is cruise ctrl. turn them both on, let the bsi shut down and that should be it.

Iannez, thanks for taking the time to find that out for me, I'll have another go at getting it activated.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a 'friendly' dealer/service centre to the west side of London able to activate cruise control?

With ref to my earlier reply, the dealer has now checked the code on my card with citroen and it is the correct code but still cannot access the system, they have now gone back to Citroen for more advice. From some of the replys it seems so simple to add cruise control but so many dealers seem to have problems. Will my dealer need this code to enable the cruise control options as listed in other replys.

The saga continues. Dealer called today with news that their Consultant Tech had attended a meeting at Citroen with over 100 other CT's and when asked not one admitted that they had fitted Cruise control to a 2.0 HDI VTR Auto, Senior Tech's from Citroen even tried it on a similar car and could not get it to work. If any one has the name of a dealer and a contact number who has fitted this to a MK1 C5 2.0 HDI VTR Auto June 04 can you please supply as I think I will have sold the car before I can get this working.

Thx

I've just read back through your posts and would like to comment.

It may seem an easy task to have cruise control fitted, especially considering various models come from the factory equipped as standard.

Unfortunately, for you, you are dependent on finding a dealer who has either had experience of fitting said device to your vehicle or has time on there hands to sit and work it out.

Most customers would be unwilling to pay the 'real time' it takes to get these things sorted on their vehicles and dont realise the true cost of doing so, especially when its the first time.....if the customer was to pay the time taken they would realise very quickly that it was their wallet stopping them and not necessarily the ability of the dealership.

The manufacturer for various reasons enables certain components within the various computers and turns other parts off either because they are not needed or because where a feature isnt fitted it would throw up a fault when it couldnt be found.

You may feel, in your opinion that having a group of consultant technicians that havent fitted cruise control to your model of vehicle is odd......well let me tell you .....in the last 5 years i have only been asked to fit 2 and they were to a picasso and a C8......it isnt a common request.

As far as i am aware there isnt a listing for cruise control as an accessorie for any Citroen. It comes on certain models as standard with no guarantee that it can be fitted to a vehicle after purchase.

People request this on the basis that they have heard you can do it.....usually based on a comment on a website somewhere (people believe what theyread here!), and on some models you can and quite easily.

I would suggest that either it isnt possible to fit it to your vehicle or the dealer concerned isnt activating the right settings.

Obviously, you can be 'pissed off' that they cant get it to work, but as i said previously there is no guarantee on any model it would.

If it's fitted as standard equipment when it leaves the factory it is reasonable to expect it to work as designed. If it isn't and isn't sold as an accessorie you cannot have the same expectation.

• 4 years later...

DickieG. its the normal stalk (2 way roller.) does not have limiter on and you will have to config bsi and inj ecu. one is rvv and the other is cruise ctrl. turn them both on, let the bsi shut down and that should be it.

bump!

Was trying to retrofit cc on my C5, and the dealer in Sri Lanka has an ancient proxia setup. managed to find and enable the setting in the ECU, but couldn't find it in BSI... don't recall seeing anything called vvr or rvv (which is it). do you remember which submenu it was in (customer, diagnostics, miscellaneous...)?