Lhd Headlamps

vienne

Hello, this is my first post.

I'm looking for some lhd headlamps for my C-Crosser but someone said that I might not need to because the zenon self-levelling beams don't interfere with other road users. Is this true?

Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

If just visiting abroad from the UK you are probably ok not using beam deflectors or replacing the lights but if you are going to live abroad then you may need to replace the lights. There are different parts numbers for LHD and RHD lights so there must be a difference. For LHD the left light is 6208N3 and the right one 6206N3, for RHD the left is 6208N4 and the right is 6206N4. For just visiting, I vaguely remember reading on here that a note from Citroen helps to demonstrate that beam deflectors are not needed if stopped by the police. From citroencarparts.net, new front lights are £1120 each so good used ones would be the best option - or sell the car and get one from abroad, having to spend around £2500 on your car may not be worth it.

You also need to check if you have 1 or 2 rear fog lights - if only one these may also need changing and again there are different part numbers for LHD and RHD cars and similarly for the rear wiring harness but you may be able to alter what is already there. The rear fog lights are £93 each - LHD part nos. left 6350EN and right 6340F7.

The previous C5 I used to have also had Xenon headlights and Citroen UK gave me a letter explaining that they didn't need conversion masks. Certainly they didn't appear to dazzle oncoming drivers because I never got flashed at. However I did hear that an owner who imported his C5 exclusive to France found that his vehicle wouldn't pass the contrôle technique without being modified.

Thanks for your replies.

One more question is that I wondered if the headlights are the same for the C-Crosser as for any other Citroen, ie C5 as they look very similar and having done a search the C-C's are looking fairly rare.

Thanks

I had tried a search just using the parts nos. mentioned and nothing came up so it is likely lights from another model will not fit and then if you had to buy new ones for a different model they are probably as expensive. I also looked at the cost of halogen lights and they were about half the cost but then wiring and other mods may be needed.

To check if the lights from another car will fit you can look at the parts diagrams which is a free service if you register on the service.citroen site as another professional and a member of the Citroen Owners Club. http://service.citroen.com/do/changerParametres

I wondered if the headlights are the same for the C-Crosser as for any other Citroen, ie C5

C5 Xenons wouldn't be the same because I think on the C5 the levelling is done by the suspension whereas on the C-C the levelling must be in the lamp itself.