Hub Nuts.

Hi guys just quick one. Just changed driveshaft on synergie but found there no washer on hub nut on side I was working on or the other side.the n/s was tightened only with screwdriver no nut cap and pin caused by previous owner.should the hub nut have a washer?getting new caps and pins today if possible.

Your vehicle is probably similar to the C5 and they are also without washers under the hub nut. However instructions do say that the interfaces of the hub nuts should be coated with grease before fitting. Tightening torque is 240ft/lbs

The washer is built in to the nuts.

I could not find a torque value in the Citroen service box procedures for the Synergie. 240 ft/lbs = 320 Nm which is above the range of most reasonably priced torque wrenches. Machine Mart do a digital adaptor one for about £36 which can be used but is not ideal. I got one to use on our C3 rear hub nuts which are done to 300Nm but found a wrench that goes to 280 Nm clicked on max setting with 300 Nm on the adaptor one so just use this now. The Machine Mart is part no. PRO238 https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/040215238