Odd Behaviour

blingy

Hi guys as some of you saw I recently posted about a fusible,link problem which I have now repaired but I am now getting some odd noise I will explain as best I can what is going on as I am completely confused ok here goes I have a 2.0 hdi automatic now with the car in park handbrake on I slowly turn the steering wheel about quarter of a turn it sounds like the starter kicks in as soon as you left go of the steering wheel it stops what's stranger is if I do the same thing with the car in any gear it doesn't do it only when it's in park any ideas as I have never heard anything like this before

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure I understand this topic - are you saying with the engine running, the gearbox in Park, then you turn the steering wheel a bit and you hear what sounds like the starter motor spinning ?

If the previous posts have not helped, try it with an assistant and the bonnet up to see if you can pin point the noise better. It may be the steering pump rather than the starter motor. Check the steering fluid level is ok. Then turn the steering lock to lock a few times with the engine running to bleed any air out of the steering system. Also look to see if it is an electric pump rather than belt driven.