fuse position C3 2019

crooner

Hi, i just bought a citroen C3 1.2 pure tech feel 2019 & i have to fit dashcam , can you tell me where the fuse box is , also it came with inflation kit, but i want to get a spare wheel ,would a full spare wheel fit in to the boot recess or do i need to put in a space saver,

thanks in advance 

The handbook usually shows where the various fuse boxes are located. If you do not have the hand book it can be read/downloaded from the service.citroen site. You might need to select your language first by clicking on the flag top right. https://service.citroen.com/ACddb/

To see if a full size spare wheel will fit simply measure one of the wheels and the wheel well. When we bought a spare for our C4 I also had to buy the jack, wheel brace and tray that it fits in as well as a yellow plastic tool to pull off the wheel nut chrome covers. In the base of the well there may be a bracket that also needs a plastic part to hold the tray in place. Whilst a space saver is not as good as a full size wheel, it is rarely used so the slight weight saving will save a tiny amount of fuel. When the space saver was recently used on our Cactus as a rear wheel the steering pulled to one side but it was only on for a couple of short trips. I would keep the inflation fit for when you later sell the car but note the sealant has a use by date if you ever decide to use it. 

To save you time, I have put your new car in your profile.

Hi Paul.H , found the fuses they are at the opposite side of where they were on my 2013 Vti , they are at the drivers side just a case of pulling away the cover looks a doddle ,

i've bought a new steele full size wheel & new tyre ,i've still to get the tyre put on , but i put the tyre in to see how it would fit,  at first i found it a bit awkward but i realised if i put the back seats forward a little i was able to drop the tyre in at the rear of the car first then drop it into the well ,

i am going to put the new tyre on the car & use one of the tyres from the car with the tread slightly worn it should make it a bit easier to get out when i have a puncture .

I just found out today that if i got a puncture i would not be able to fit the steel spare wheel i bought with the alloy wheel bolts on my car ,

due to there shape they won't fully tighten up onto the steel wheel , i had to buy 4 steel wheel bolts , which i will carry in the yellow bag along with the locknut socket ,

Sorry Paul my mistake the online manual showed fuses on the right but when I took the cover off to fit dashcam the weren't there,  they are on the left at glovebox . 

There doesn't seem to be many could i fit my dashcam going by this photo 

DSC_0005.JPG

I am not sure but it looks as if there might be a couple of spaces at each end of the row of fuses. If so you could push in a spade terminal into the input side of a space with a wire and fuse off it to your dash cam. I did this for our C5 towbar wiring. You might find though these are not permanent live fuse positions (if you need that) but that is easy to check with a meter or a bulb and wire or from the handbook fuse list.

there is no spare fuse spaces either end of this fuse box just empty yellow plastic  i pulled 1 of the existing fuses & could see shiny metal indicating a connection but nothing like that either end ,there surely must be another fuse box somewhere inside the car, the one i posted in the photo has only 

2x10amp 1x30amp 2x40amp ,unless the rest are all under the bonnet ,

The heavy clusters of cables across the fuse access,  make it impossible,  that's why I was wondering about takin the glovebox off,  I'm a bit worried about that air bag switch that's in the way, if i have enough cable play at the back of the switch. 

When going to work on the air bag system it is usual to disconnect the battery and wait about 5 minutes before touching the air bags system. However, a look in a Haynes manual for the C4 shows the same looking air bag on/off switch as in your photo and to remove this switch it says to use a screwdriver to unclip it from its surrounds, then pull it out and disconnect the electrical connector - it does not mention disconnecting the battery apart from in a general warning about the air bag system.

When I mentioned the piggy back fuse I wondered if there was room for one on the existing fuses visible in your photo.

22 minutes ago, paul.h said:

When I mentioned the piggy back fuse I wondered if there was room for one on the existing fuses visible in your photo.

Paul there is no live fuse spaces on that board  , the ones you can see either side of that board are dead .

also the air bag switch won't budge , so if i go ahead with the glovebox i'm hopeing there is enough play in the cables 

Rather than using a different fuse space for your dash cam, the piggy back fuses work by replacing an existing fuse with a double one in the same position. This way one fuse space can be used to supply the existing circuit but also an extra circuit. 

Halfords (and others) also sell a fuse with a breakout wire so that can be used to supply an extra circuit and depending on which way round the fuse is inserted, its fuse can protect both circuits or just the existing one

https://www.halfords.com/tools/fuses-electricals-and-fixings/fuses/halfords-mini-blade-fuse-plus-breakout-wire-10-amp-hfs280-704680.html

I have been checking the fuses today & in the photo it looks like the middle fuse is live but not used  going by the online manual, i'm not used to using the bigger fuses so can i get the bigger piggyback no problem or if i buy the Halfords cable is that the bigger fuse ,thanks,

Since I last  posted I have been to our local Halfords and whilst there also had a look at the fuses. They only had the micro (mini) fuse breakout wire but they were expensive at £4.40 and if the fuse failed it would make it dear to replace it again. They also had in the radio section the piggy back fuse but again only the micro (mini) size and that was £8. This type (in the correct size) looks the best option. They replace the existing fuse and you put into it the original fuse to supply the original circuit and in the second fuse position next to the wire put in a fuse for your dash cam which is supplied by the wire.

This link to Amazon has a good picture of one for standard fuses. The wire is shown with a bullet connector but that can be cut off and replaced with something to suit your dash cam https://www.amazon.co.uk/Circuit-Piggy-Back-Standard-Blade-Holder/dp/B017O0QHZU Whilst it is overall wider than a fuse, it stands proud so should be over the top of other fuses in adjacent positions in the fuse box.

If you have a local car accessory shop I would try there for the parts and should be cheaper than Halfords.

Hi paul , iv'e sent away for a piggyback online with the correct blade size ,so i'm confident i should be able to get the dash cam up & running ,

i mentioned in this post a problem with my spare wheel ,but decided to do a seperate post for that with photos ,