Maf Sensor

ant.7

hi all i new on here so bear with me! i recently bought a c5 2.0hdi 52 plate and have anti polution fault.

i know i need a new map sensor, (small sensor with multiplug at front of engine bay to the left of the battery compartment).

does anyone know where i can get one in south manchester either through a salvage or new.

i know i need a new map cos hd it checked out on diagnostics and have borrowed a sensor of another c5 and problem went away!!

any help would be much appreciated

cheers tony

If you swapped the part over and it fixed it then you put old part back on and fault reappeared. Is that not the answer to your question.

yes i have the answer just asking if anyone knows where i can get one from?

i.e salvage yard or suppliers people have used that they can recomend?

first time i had a citroen see!

ant7,

welcome to the forum, you will find a lot of helpful people here with a lot of experience who will go out of their way to help each other.

You should be able to find the location of your nearest dealer from the Citroen.co.uk web site under Find a Dealer and entering your postcode. My local dealer is Barclays in Warrington and I get most parts from them.

There are some comments on a scrap yard under the C3 pages.

Sorry if i was a bit short in my reply. With electrical components you really are better off getting them new from the dealers rather than the scrap yard and most discount stores will not take sensors back in the unlikley event of a fault. Youl enjoy your c5 as they are a very reliable car with only a couple of niggles

Sorry if i was a bit short in my reply. With electrical components you really are better off getting them new from the dealers rather than the scrap yard and most discount stores will not take sensors back in the unlikley event of a fault. Youl enjoy your c5 as they are a very reliable car with only a couple of niggles

hi guys

many thanks for info all sorted now got brand new part in the end £42 from compant called online automotive i posted the link if anyone interseted.

www.onlineautomotive.co.uk

cheers tony