Lv

Zoe20

hi just to let you all know. i am with liverpool victoria, i am a first time driver and my car is a xantia 2.0 sx r reg, and i am fully comp and is costing my just short of £500 a year. i dont think its too dear either compared to some insurers wanting just short of £2000

Zoe

• 2 years later...

hi just to let you all know. i am with liverpool victoria, i am a first time driver and my car is a xantia 2.0 sx r reg, and i am fully comp and is costing my just short of £500 a year. i dont think its too dear either compared to some insurers wanting just short of £2000

Zoe

We have used LV for a number of years and always found them competative, not had to make a claim yet but its a large company so should be fine, would reccomend as they dont appear to stitch you up as the years go by like some companys. ;-)

• 2 years later...

They also have a good breakdown service, Britannia, under their umbrella. Britannia seems to be the only breakdown service without an age limit for vehicles (unless you know differently) so is great for Classic Car owners like me.

• 6 months later...

They also have a good breakdown service, Britannia, under their umbrella. Britannia seems to be the only breakdown service without an age limit for vehicles (unless you know differently) so is great for Classic Car owners like me.

That's interesting. Last year I was with LV but they told me they didn't do breakdown insurance. I got a deal from Green Flag for £69 (including continental breakdown) but this year I went with the Co-op (CIS) as, although therir initial premium was a few quid more, they added the breakdown for £34. Both LV and CIS were cheaper than last year. Is that because females have to pay more?

I have had my C5 and the Saxo both with LV for quite a few years. They are the only company I've used in recent years that doesn't send out an inflated renewal premium hoping that you won't be bothered to try to find a lower quote. Any annual increase has only been a few pounds. Incidentally I have breakdown cover included on the Saxo and it is underwritten by Britannia Rescue.

• 10 months later...

Just thought I'd let you know but I was with CIS last year and they've just sent me a renewal £60 more than last year (from £268 to £328). I had a go at them and they've given me a "loyalty discount" of £21.

I told them I might get back and got an on-line quote from LV, who've always been competitive. However their quote for identical cover is £410.48!!

(Cover is fully comp, protected NCB, extended European cover (up to 6 months), UK and European breakdown, legal expenses, upgraded courtesy car and £250 total excess.)

Looks like I'll be sticking to the Co-op!

Edited by MikeLane

• 1 year later...

With CIS again this year. Their renewal was about £58 more than last year @ £353.46.

Tried Saga, £437. LV wanted £470 then I went back to CIS and said I'll only be doing around 10K miles this year - not 12K and they knocked about £19 off. New premium £334.19.

This is for Fully Comp, European cover for up to 90 days per trip, full UK and continental breakdown, enhanced courtesy car, protected NCD and legal assistance (voluntary excess £150).

Edited by MikeLane