C8 2.0 Petrol Throttle Position Sensor Error, Anti Pollution Fault

• 2 weeks later...

go to live data and post what your fuel pressure is at start up and idle then at 3000rpm please

ok not sure how to do that in lexia, several options there but nothing on live data? says diagnostics, download, and etc

theres more errors popping up now i will create a different thread as i don't think its related. Massive issues now. sigh......

• 2 months later...

ok here's a screenshot of the error still popping up every now and then, the wife has been filling up RON95 instead of 97, have a feeling that's increasing the errors but i doubt that its actually the cause of it. 

Still can't pinpoint what causes it, voltage is at 12v before start and 14 something after starting so no issues there. 

So now its the wiring or maybe my ECU? read somewhere online that a bad ECU can cause it possibly, thinking of replacing the throttle body as the TPS is built in, but don't want to splash the cash knowing i could be wrong. 

any ideas what should i check next or at least how do i check it? the error says "temporary fault motorised throttle, incoherence between signals 1 and 2 problem" 

what next?

post-94187-0-20762000-1498671324_thumb.jpg

post-94187-0-91403400-1498671331_thumb.jpg

Edited by stereotypical

No idea where the earth points are but often they are near the battery, near the fuse boxes, near the lights, above the outside front corner of the footwells and there will be an earth strap between the body and gearbox/engine.

• 2 weeks later...

No idea where the earth points are but often they are near the battery, near the fuse boxes, near the lights, above the outside front corner of the footwells and there will be an earth strap between the body and gearbox/engine.

There are certainly earth points at the front outer corners of the front footwells. I was in there today fixing my rear blowers. Take the lower trim off, in front of the door and then peel the carpet up a bit.

ok found the culprit, its some dodgy wiring to the throttle body, played with the wires and it  just snapped off completely, and inside the rubber the copper was all broken inside. 

Sent it to get rewired, tested it yesterday all working fine, went to collect it today and then it screws up again, now the car is stuck in 3rd/2nd gear emergency mode only.

No errors popped up with a generic reader that the mechanic has, reckon a lexia would be able to spot the issue? The mechanic is kinda lost with ideas now and is just pointing towards a dodgy throttle body but why now when it was working before the rewire and test drove it after rewire it was fine but not today?!

post-94187-0-05019000-1500052079_thumb.jpg

Edited by stereotypical

At this stage it is probably best if you can download the Citroen Service Box, it has all parts and electric maps. Here is a torrent for that,,

It is 20GB to download, and if you install it on a Virtual Machine using Windows XP or 7, ensure you have Internet Explorer 8 as minimum.

Citroen Service Box (DocBackup + Sedre) (11.2013).torrent.zip

Edited by Simple

At this stage it is probably best if you can download the Citroen Service Box, it has all parts and electric maps. Here is a torrent for that,,

It is 20GB to download, and if you install it on a Virtual Machine using Windows XP or 7, ensure you have Internet Explorer 8 as minimum.

thanks i've downloaded it but as soon as i go pass the "i accept the terms of this license"

and select the installation path " it says fatal error. The installer must stop"

The first time i tried installing it went up to 80% then it failed and error popped up, and my laptop froze up had to restart, but the application was there but it wasn't working properly so i uninstalled it, and retried it again.

And everytime after that the "Fatal error. The installer must stop" pops up. no way of installing it. Any ideas?

Running on a windows 7 32 bit. 

This may mean some problem with downloads or the memory on your computer. Can you give further information on your notebook?? How much RAM memory, which CPU and how fast it is and how big is the hard disk?

I actually installed it on Windows XP/VirtualBox, and I don't have issues, but the host computer is 16 GB RAM/intel i7/Windows 10 x64.

This may mean some problem with downloads or the memory on your computer. Can you give further information on your notebook?? How much RAM memory, which CPU and how fast it is and how big is the hard disk?

I actually installed it on Windows XP/VirtualBox, and I don't have issues, but the host computer is 16 GB RAM/intel i7/Windows 10 x64.

windows 7 ultimate 32 bit
Intel® core 2 duo P8600@ 2.40GHz
4GB Ram , 2.96GB usable
Harddisk 250GB

thank is this sufficient info?  my mechanic managed to figure the wiring out through trial and error really, just tried every combination possible and got the right one without any errors now, so fingers crossed nothing pops up in the next few days.

I still would like to get my hands on the diagrams though it might come in handy in the future  :D

If you do not manage the download, the service box can be obtained through ebay on 3 dvds. As an example to see what it looks like  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Citroen-Service-Box-1-2014-TIS-EPC-WDS-/251930181500

yikes 24 euros i think i'll try torrent first a few times and see how that goes until i get desperate! thanks for this!  :D

Your hardware should be fine, make sure you Windows 7 is SP1.. Your hard disk may be 250 GB, but do you have enough space??

I installed it on XP x86 SP3. I needed to download Internet Explorer 8 and a couple of files to make it run fully (don't remember which, it was a couple of years back).

p.s. I use qbittorrent for downloads, it is excellent, free and no advert..